11/21/2011

Recipe: Belgian GINGERBREAD

Ingredients (for 1 kg) : 1 coffee spoon of powdered green aniseed – 1 coffee spoon of powdered ginger – ¼ coffee spoon of cinnamon – 1 coffee spoon of salt – 2 coffee spoons of sodium bicarbonate – 250 gr caster sugar – 250 gr liquid honey – 250 gr wheat flour – 250 gr rye flour – 20 cl warm water – butter – 1 cake tin (1,5 to 2 l)
Put the spices, salt, sodium bicarbonate, sugar, honey in a big bowl, mix by slowly adding the warm water.
In another bowl: mix both flours, dig a well, add the other mixture. Mix well until the dough gets homogeneous. If too dry, add a bit of warm water (be careful, it gets liquid very quickly).
Preheat the oven (180°) for 10 minutes. Butter the cake tin, coat the bottom and inner sides with flour. Pour the dough, put in the oven for one hour. Check the cooking with a knife. Let rest for 5 minutes before turning out!


Francoise from Belgium

9 comments:

  1. Does this mean that you are inviting us for a cake??? We will not say no, you know! Especially that it's so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tasted it in Liege and not only is it delicious but also very healthy.I am planning to prepare it for my school colleagues.
    Thank you, Francoise!
    Anna from Thessaloniki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ginger taste drives me crazy.... Undoubtedly is one of my favourites.... Thank you, Francoise!! I'll prepare it during Christmass holiday but I'll taste the one which Anna plans to bake (I'll consider my self as a student!!!)
    Antiopi from Thessaloniki

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun to do and good to eat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to try this recipe. After all, who can resist the delicious goodness of COOKIES?

    Some kid from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I will try this recipe too !!! Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll make sure to try baking them this year!

    Two kids with a passion for food from Greece.:3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fellow students who visited Liege told me that they tasted gingerbread and found it delicious! I' m looking forward to tasting it ....

    Matina , Thessaloniki

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss that taste ^_^ I'm going to try and follow the recipe myself!!! :P

    ReplyDelete