10/28/2012

Impressions of Braga

Finnish students’ impressions of their trip to Braga, Portugal, 14th - 21st October, 2012

Drums were played when we arrived to
Escola Secundária Sá de Miranda
I didn't think anyone else than Mercury himself
can sing as perfectly Bohemian Rhapsody
Well Elsa did!
We had only a week time to be there
We tried our best to enjoy every minute,
Even every raindrop...
Isabel told us that the Water Pavilion was an optical illusion
The trip to Geres, I'll never forget
Portugal has amazing nature
I miss all those memories with my host family
Every time I think about the time in Praga,
Fado is playing it's self in my brain


Óla!

I went to Braga for one week two weeks ago and those days were awesome in every way. The first day in Braga was really cool because then I really got to know my host sis and then I saw my good friend Noora for a long time. During the first day we went to Bom Jesus which was, in my opinion, the most beautiful place of all the places we visited during the whole trip. In the evening I went shopping with my host family in Braga Park. On Tuesday we went to Porto to see the city and the harbor of Porto. From Porto we went to Guimarães which is the European Capital of Culture 2012. On Tuesday we also went to see the Water Pavilion, where they had different and very cool demonstrations of water. Before Water Pavilion we went for a walk in the City Park and the park was huge and it was very beautiful too. On Wednesday we made a trip to Gerês National Park where we saw mountains. The scenery there was awesome! Thursday's highlight was the dinner with the whole group in a restaurant where they had traditional Portuguese food. The food was delicious, except the animal organs which I found quite terrible! ;) There was also an amazing fado singer in the restaurant.
I had such an amazing time in Braga and I really think that the time went way too fast. Braga was such a nice place that I think some day I'll go back to Braga again. All the people were so friendly and nice to me and that is something I'll miss for the rest of my life. But the most I will miss my host family who were the best host family I could ever dream of! I'm looking forward to getting back to Braga! 


Thanks to all who were in Braga!
Love, Veera

2 comments:

  1. Kiitos, Veera! I wish you all the best! see you in Oulu! Mrs Françoise,Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiitos, Eeska! very poetic, indeed! Mrs Françoise

    ReplyDelete